LS Youth Baseball's second season creates an opportunity for players of all levels to experience playing summer baseball in a competitive environment with their in-town friends in keeping with LS Youth Baseball's Mission Statement. We offer a variety of options for players of all ages and skill levels. The information below is intended to provide a brief overview of our summer offerings and key dates as you plan your summer.
Please note that this information is from the 2017 season, 2018 information will be available in the spring of 2018!
Bay State Baseball
This is a competitive summer team for committed players at advanced levels on the 60 foot diamond (with the exception of Bay State A). On June 5, 2017, assessments will be held by independent evaluators at Featherland Park for each grade. Our goal every year, within each division is to field 2 teams (Red and White) of 12 players each. It is expected all players that will try out for a Bay State team and be eligible for a Little League tournament team will attend 60% of their in-town spring games as stipulated by Little League Rules. Any exceptions will be handled on case by case basis.
- Bay State D - Current 3rd Graders
- Bay State C - Current 4th Graders
- Bay State B - Current 5th Graders - The Red Team in this grade will also be entered to play in the Little League U11 State Tournament.
- Bay State A 50/70 - Current 6th Graders and Age Eligible 7th Graders (Turned 13 on or after May 1, 2017).
Important Bay State Dates
Assessments - Sunday June 4, 2017
Teams Announced - Friday June 9, 2017
Official Practice Begins - Monday June 19, 2017
Baseball events (games and practices) are held 5/6 days a week, concluding with the Tournament of Champions, which is held during the 2nd week of August.
Lou Tompkins Baseball
Similar to Bay State, Lou Tompkins is a competitive '90 foot summer league for committed players at advanced levels. Lou Tompkins is divided into 3 divisions
- Lou Tompkins C - Current 7th Graders, This team will also be entered to play in the Little League Intermediate Division World Series. Any 7th Grader who turns 13 on or after May 1, 2017 will have the choice to play either Lou Tompkins C or BayState A 50/70.
- Lou Tompkins B - Current 8th Graders
- Lou Tompkins A - Current 9th Graders
More information to follow in a separate communication for Lou Tompkins A and B.
Important Lou Tompkins Dates
Assessments Lou Tompkins B & C - Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Assessments Lou Tompkins A - Monday, May 29, 2017
Similar to Bay State and Lou Tompkins, Senior Babe Ruth is a competitive '90 foot summer league for players currently in 10th and 11th grade.
Important Senior Babe Ruth Dates
Assessments - Monday May 29, 2017
Minuteman Baseball will run a Summer Minuteman League for 12 - 16 year olds who have previously played at the Babe Ruth level. This league will be comprised of teams from the same towns as the Minuteman Spring league. It will provide an opportunity for players to participate in a less competitive and more informal level of play than the Lou Tompkins program.
Games will begin the week of mid-June with games being played on Monday through Thursday nights. The schedule is a 12 game schedule (2 games per week). The single elimination playoffs will begin on in early August
There are no tryouts for this team and selection will be based on player availability during the summer and the order of receipt of the application forms.
Jimmy Fund is a league for those who are interested in playing competitive baseball against local towns but does not want the commitment of Bay State. There is no assessment and players are placed on balanced teams.
- Jimmy Fund Farm - Current 2nd Graders
- Jimmy Fund Minors - Current 3rd and 4th Graders
- Jimmy Fund Majors - Current 5th, 6th and Age Eligible 7th Graders will play 50/70.
Jimmy Fund events are held 2 days during the weekday. There are no weekend events and the season concludes the last week of July.